With road accidents and fatalities on the rise, many customers are now paying more attention to the safety features of their cars. A car with a high safety rating by a trusted organization like the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or China Automotive Engineering Research Institute (CAERI) is bound to have more appeal and market recognition. To decide the safety rating of a car, organizations rely on many methods, and crash testing is the most prominent among them.
Vehicle crash testing is an important process that tells you how any vehicle would handle road accidents and collisions. The process is exactly what it sounds like. You take a car and deliberately crash it into different things to gauge its response and the effect on the humanized dummy in the driver and passenger seats. Car manufacturing companies rely on both in-house and external facilities to perform these tests to confirm that the cars comply with all the safety criteria and standards of international organizations.
ARIES Ingeniería y Sistemas is a global leader in providing innovative solutions for the transportation sector. In the automotive sector, our state-of-the-art crash safety testing facilities are recognized by top-tier manufacturers in over 40 countries worldwide.
What makes ARIES a world leader in technological development? Keep reading to learn more about our projects.
ARIES: Driving innovation since 1985
An integral member of the automobile safety market for 35 years, ARIES has successfully developed its own innovative technologies during its time as an industry leader. And, our unique set of procedures consistently deliver the most accurate results to our customers. Additionally, our engineering team is dedicated to R&D and continuously improves its existing setup, and we regularly add new features to meet the demands of the market.
ARIES brings to the table customizable, high-quality solutions that stand out compared to other options available in the market. The company enjoys a splendid reputation for setting up top-tier crash testing facilities for both fuel-driven cars and energy vehicles.
Some of the solutions that ARIES offers are:
- 300 Vehicle-to-Vehicle crash tests: This test simulates the condition of any regular urban/suburban road. On the actual road, the chances of a straight-on collision are lower. Most accidents take place from a blind spot or the side. The 300 vehicle-to-vehicle crash test builds on NHTSA’s Oblique Frontal Barrier Test and updates it slightly to meet the customer’s demands.
- Linear main tracks: International organizations recommend multiple tests be conducted on straight tracks. The length and specification for each track may be different; therefore, at ARIES, we design them specifically for your needs.
- Angled track: Much like the linear tracks, these options are used to further explore the possible scenarios on the road and check if the vehicle is equipped to deal with these. These tracks simulate conditions where a car is sideswiped whilst manoeuvring. During our 35 years in the industry, we’ve built these tracks for many of our customers (more on that later).
- Electric vehicle (EV) testing: The world is now moving away from fuel-driven vehicles due to strides in EV technology. Batteries are now capable of sustaining cars for longer distances and times. Additionally, many manufacturers have been able to replicate the power output, speeds, and designs of fuel-driven vehicles. Like any other car, EVs also need to have all the safety features to minimize the damage to passengers involved in a collision. On top of all this, some additional parameters apply only to electric vehicles. EVs rely on powerful batteries that may explode or leak after the collision. This case creates problems during crash testing as well, so changes need to be made to facilities for additional EV testing.
- Accurate collision data: We provide you with the best data acquisition system that keeps your results accurate. Moreover, our team will train your team on how to use the system, and we will keep in touch with you, offering the necessary software updates and implementation of new functionalities when available.
The quality of ARIES’ solutions, as well as our technology and compliance with international regulations, have been praised and recognized on different international forums. The company has received multiple prestigious awards in the past, such as the Crash Test Facility of the Year in 2010 and 2013, and the Company of the Year in 2010 by the Automotive Testing Technology International Awards, which are a testament to ARIES’ focus on ensuring excellence. Most recently, Nexteer Engineers commented on the great installation and training process provided by our team, and there are countless other examples of satisfied customers who rely on our expertise in the automobile industry and other sectors.
Over the years, ARIES Ingeniería y Sistemas has worked with countless global brands. From OEM manufacturers to research institutes, ARIES has competently and efficiently managed a wide range of high-stakes international projects.
ARIES has been present in the growing Chinese market for the last decade and has worked with top state institutions like the China Automotive Technology and Research Center (CATARC) and CAERI. In Asia, ARIES has also worked with organizations such as KATRI in Korea and Tata Motors in India. In the following sections, we have compiled a list of some of the ARIES’ top projects for Chinese automobile manufacturers.
From start to finish, ARIES constructed a full-crash testing facility for Honda’s manufacturing plant facility in China. Our engineers were responsible for every single aspect: From the complete design to the commissioning stage, ARIES successfully handled every single phase of this project.
Honda’s whole facility was designed and built following international requirements and law. It has a 160m main track and comes with both fixed and movable impact barriers. Moreover, the crash testing facility has two filming pits, so you don’t miss a second of the test. Overall, the facility has all the necessary features you’ll need to conduct accurate crash tests in a safe environment.
Another feather in ARIES’s cap is the design and construction of an innovative crash testing facility for Chery Automobiles. This facility is among the most advanced in China and even offers a full-scale car-to-car testing option. Comparable to our Honda project, our team was responsible for the entire project from scratch, and the finished product established ARIES as one of the leading names in the automobile sector.
Among the many salient features of this advanced car-to-car testing facility, the 250m main track along with seven 129m angular tracks are the most recognizable. The facility allows safe and accurate execution of almost all kinds of tests required by any regulatory body to assess the safety rating of a vehicle.
On top of its critical features, the Chery setup also has a variety of auxiliary systems that can take your testing experience to the next level: Sensitive sensors, barrier fixtures, test carts, first-class lighting systems, and other advanced features. On multiple occasions, ARIES has proven time-and-time-again that it builds the best crash testing facilities on the market.
The BYD project is very similar to the Chery installation. This crash testing facility has a 235m linear track with three main crash sites along with seven angular tracks for car-to-car testing. The auxiliary features of this site are more advanced and intricate than the Chery project. The crash site features rollover tests, flying floor, barrier fixtures, and other advanced capabilities.
One thing that sets the BYD testing facility apart is its ability to test both electric and fuel-driven vehicles at the same time. It goes without saying that this ability is a huge plus for the manufacturers who can save the available space and deal with the requirements of the modern market without making any drastic changes to the setup. The facility also has a universal transmitter, pedestrian safety lab, traction guidance system, and much more.
Meeting every need of the customers and delivering excellence without compromise has always been the aim of ARIES Ingeniería y Sistemas. This philosophy drives our company and every single employee, and it’s the reason why ARIES continues to establish itself as a leader in every new venture and every new market. Our experts are skilled and dedicated, and above all—experienced; ensuring we fulfil every need and demand you may have. From completing your organization’s requirements to meeting international regulations, ARIES can do it all. Contact our experts today to get started.